VOR

VOR

Wednesday 23 February 2011

HEAVEN SCENT

Something smells good.

Real good.

i'm moving to it.

I’m a daydreamer by nature, its a big part of what makes me, me. I did stopped daydreaming for a minute, but I've started again, but with the bonus of actually taking the steps of jumping into it to make it real. I took the time that I used to spend so much of in my head and started using it to do what was in my head. Sometimes I get to the lil’ thinking bit before I sleep and I aint quite sure what bits what between my dreams and reality.

I’m a bit crazy that’s a given, but I genuinely feel the only difference between the two things is just what I have done and what I haven’t done … yet. To some that’s a huge difference, but to me it’s just a case of planning and time. Things can happen so fast that to me, God willing I maintain my health this year, I’m going to walk through my dreams like I’m playing an RPG with a guidebook.


Anyways, what I’m saying is I don’t know whether you should take me literally or figuratively, but I mean what I say, and I say what I mean; for the most part.

Well, getting to it...



I know you may have already begun to think, ‘you talk to much, know your role and shut your mouth!’ Well, to that I say, ‘IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU’RE THINKING JABRONI…’ Sorry, but I mean it. Recently I’ve been thinking of the millions… and MILLIONS of the rocks cash and realised that he didn’t just get where he was out the blue. I don’t know if he- or others like him- ever expected the worldwide acclaim they enjoy but they sure as anything acted as though they believed it. Remember, there’s going to be people who have something to say about anything you do as long as you’re not doing nothing.

I’m a wordsmith, so I have like a million motto’s a recent one being, ‘be humble enough to accept help from anyone, but proud enough to expect it from no one.’ At the moment, I’m tryna help myself, I’m going to accept that help, no matter what I or anyone else can say about me… that’s humility… right? So if you don’t like it, I respect your opinion, but you can take that opinion, turn it sideways…shine it up real nice… ... you know the rest.

It takes a level of undisputed arrogance to seriously consider yourself for anything BIG. You might not consciously go through the thought process, which enables me to describe it like that, but essentially, you are saying; of all the millions of people in the world, many of which also have similar talent or abilities, I think that this ‘role’ should be taken by me. I have something to bring to this situation that no one else could and believe with out a shadow of a doubt, -not knowing even a small percentage of these millions of other people- that the best person for it is myself. That’s some special doses self-assuredness/ confidence in the least. It's necessary though because quite frankly, if you can't get a picture of succeeding in what it is your jumping into before you jump into it… there is not much point jumping!

The rock never actually told us what he was cooking, but 15 years, several movies and world tours later, it’s pretty sure he was cooking something. What’s more, before anyone else did, he must have smelt it. How could he have asked if people could smell it if he hadn't smelt it himself? Matter fact, asking anyone to believe in you or what you’re doing before YOU believe in it is semi-retarded. (I don’t know if I’m supposed to use that word, or if it’s still used. If it bothers you replace with something else, if it offends you, it’s meant to, it’s that simple.)
Do you see what the ‘VoicEofReasoN’ is doing?

Forgive the obvious Dwayne Johnson references, but don’t forget them, I wrote them for a reason after all…

Let me take you to the kitchen, as far as I know we have 5 senses, the main purpose of these senses is to help us navigate and improve the quality of our subsistence or survival, some of us don't use them effectively. Bear with me through the analogy.

We need food to survive, anything that lives, that doesn't get food, dies. I say if you ain’t living your dying. Living (a full and purposeful life) is the win… eating is the win. Let’s equate eating to winning.
You don't eat just once and win the game, no; you have to keep winning, continuously. You don't keep winning just one thing either, that is not a balanced win. Several things go in to the win, sourcing, preparing, and consuming being three.

Not only do we want to win though, we want to enjoy a win. One of the things that give you an indication you are going to enjoy what you eat is your nose.
When you are hungry and you've headed towards your kitchen, the smell of freshly prepared food is enough to whet your appetite, to make you walk towards your win with confidence that something is yours for the taking. Obviously there is the chance that what's being cooked is not for you, in which case that smell is a deceptive, teasing irritant only serving to stir up your hunger even more.

Growing up in my house you had to stake claim to your food to fend of competing 'winners' senses, because if you are not careful, someone WILL eat what you have cooked!

I don't know if I want to decipher all that, but it's in there if you look for it.

Equally, we can use our nose to guide us through certain situations. When we stop using one of our 5 senses for a time, it heightens the others. If we take our time and pay attention to our senses we can actually get a much clearer picture with which to make our decisions, trust your senses. Why do you think we have phrases like, 'something’s fishy'? Well basically, if something smells bad its normally an indicator that something is bad, when food goes of its smells bad, when things die they smell bad, throw up and faeces smell bad. Your unwashed armpit stinks. Ironically fish is good for you, WHEN it is prepared and cooked, smelly raw fish can do you some serious illness so once again... trust your senses.

Not everything that smells good is good, just like not everything that glitters is gold, you do have to be Sensible with it. Generally though your senses do serve as a good barometer to what is going to be good for us. For instance, how many people sit and deliberate when there sense tell them that they need to go to the toilet, or the water coming out of the shower is too hot and you might wanna jump back... NOW! Nope, certain times we tend to listen to our senses other times, we totally ignore it. Saying stupid stuff like, the signs were there... I should have seen it coming!

Well, me, I'm liking what my senses are telling me at the moment, I’m liking what's in the air and I’m reaching for it. You should have gathered by now that I've used the smelling sense as an umbrella for all of the 5 senses. What I have not been speaking about are emotions, emotions can sweep you, or knock you off your feet to the point that you ignore you're senses. Knowing what's good or bad for you and letting a feeling over-ride what you know is the sensible response to it isn't the money! Yes emotions most definitely have there place, but that's a different blog, a different day, I have already amassed enough words in this one.

If you understand what I have written you will understand this simple formula. Pray it, plan it, and then follow your senses. It's a win. That's why I'm a winner.

But concluding all of this jargon?... wisdom?... stuff?!? Just remember emotions are great and have their own amazing little purpose that isn’t to be ignored. That’s why I mess’ with emotions, sometimes. But more time, most of the time, when something happens or doesn’t you can ‘smell it coming before hand. You wont always get it right but you can learn that. For me, am smelling days of heaven on earth so I’m boldly walking towards it, I’m claiming it loudly too so every time I get there cant nobody tell me it aint for me neither.

I don’t know what’s ahead of you, and I aint normally gonna have my nose in your kitchen, but seeing as you got your own. Close your eyes for minute make the senses extra strong.

Can you smell it?

Can you smell it?

Can you SMMEEEEELLLLLLL, what it is that you’re cooking?

.................................................................................................................................................................
TO GIVE ME a reason to proof read i will now normally read my writing and give myself 5minutes to write a poem which summarises what i understand from it... Here's it...

Heaven scent... The poem

Breathe Deep before you ‘go in’,
Sumfin smells good.
Exhale just as you zone in.
Sumfin smells good.
Delight in life, in living. Revisit your favourite vision
Then plan ahead stop missing what could be ur new beginning

When sumfin smells fishy, take ur steps with caution
Cos only fools and horses, find a fortune in the auction.
Live a little love a lot. Look up, look to look hot.
Look for your favourite spot. Find it, keep it, get it got.

When following senses. Do not leave urself defenceless
Cos feelings are pretentious , leaving u falling of fences
With indecisive and imprecise, crisis enlightment.
Define it like a psychic whose story telling is cyclic.
So round in circles you go, following scents in ur nose.
Been walking columns and rows.
Misunderstanding my prose.
just cos it smells pretty doesn’t mean it taste nice.
The Bolognese was gritty but the cook just added spice
Your stories always being written, you choose how you tell it.
Sumfins, surely bout to happen for ya, can you smell it?

3 comments:

  1. Good blog topped off by big poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel your wisdom (as scatty as the delivery can be!) but the food analogy killed it for me...
    Recently I've been following my nose for the scent of opportunity and listening to my gut when it tells me something is foul. Common sense approach to life and success but many people dont put their faith in it....Good food is my heart and a big part of my life...and right now I'm cooking for a win! Anyone hungry?

    All in all, as per, I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks.

    SO many errors though... wow. I'm going to edit!!!

    ReplyDelete