VOR

VOR

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Tomorrow.

The sun will rise, the birds will sing, the day will start anew.
The wheels will turn, the young will learn, what’s growing will have grew.
The lips will curve, the ears shall perk; the news will make its round.
The pain shall cease, or start again, what is winding will have wound.

Tomorrow, all these things. Tomorrow. 

Hope will live, dreams will drift and hover close to reach.
Life will start and end alike, and in between shall teach.
Plates will shift. Breezes blow. Hands will surely toil.
Sounds shall bounce around the earth, then fall upon the soil.

Tomorrow, all these things, tomorrow.

Lives will change, paths will cross, and chances will appear.
Peace will flirt and chaos tease, while time will disappear.
Some shall add, whilst some will take, while more shall neither do.
Few will reap what many sow, and visa-versa too.

Tomorrow, all these things tomorrow.

I’ll rise again, my soul will sing, prepared to meet the day.
My tides will turn, my youth return, with strength to make my way.
My lips shall smile, my ears alert to words that bring me life
My pain will leave, and leave again and take with it all strife.

Tomorrow, all these things tomorrow.

My hopes and dreams will not defer, but call to my command
The day will start and end alike, with freedom in my hands.
Thoughts will spark, ideas grow, my hands, they will create.
I’ll steak my place amongst the greats, and  not for once deflate.

Tomorrow, all these things, tomorrow.

I’ll change lives, and lead the path where dreams have gone before
Betroth with peace, whilst chaos leave, return to it no more.
To some I’ll give, with more I’ll share and humbly I’ll receive.
Expand my field, and gain great yield yet still for others leave.

Tomorrow, all these things, tomorrow.


Always a day away,       never a moment soon.
Presently on the way,     quietly keeping tune.
Daring us all to dream,    challenging us to try.
Whether todays requiem, or a landmark reaching triumph 
Let us value tomorrow, keep it close, again and again as we may,
For as long as we keep it entrenched in hope, let us try make tomorrow today.







2 comments:

  1. Hi Deola,

    Thank -you !

    Yes ! What an imaginative insight!

    I love every word,every thought it convey ,the imagery and the sense
    of hope that tomorrow brings.
    Our hopes ,dreams and even fear is in Tomorrow!
    Jesus is my tomorrow and in Him is hidden all my sorrows!
    An everlasting joy shall be upon our heads when we meet Tomorrow face to face. He will wipe our tears ,take our fears showing us mercy and abundance grace.

    The last Friday in January an Open Mic Night Session , a showcase for up and coming poets and writers will held at the Irish Writer's Centre. in Dublin.
    If you are able to make it , I would love to invest in ticket for you to read this poem and other poem from your anthology.
    It would be a blessing to have you in Ireland!
    God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius words! Love it

    ReplyDelete